My first clinical rotation will be at an ambulatory atrial fibrillation and heart function clinic in VGH. This will be my first time working in ambulatory care, but I am excited to develop my cardiology knowledge and clinical skills in an out-patient setting.
My rotation-specific objectives are:
- Use a systematic approach to assess and work up patients (i.e. gather information, interview patients, identify DTPs, therapeutic alternatives, recommendations, plan and monitoring) in a time frame that is reasonable for an ambulatory setting.
- List the study populations, medication regimens and outcomes achieved in the landmark trials for heart failure and atrial fibrillation, as well as, use them in my practice.
- Effectively teach about atrial fibrillation and heart failure, and tailor the information presented according to the needs of the audience.
- Perform basic physical assessment assessments that will help with pharmacotherapeutic decision making and monitoring
- Be able to describe how pharmacists can ensure seamless continuity of care and prevent gaps in care after patients are discharged from the hospital